As a memory of your hiking adventure on the Hohe Tauern Panorama Trail, four hiking pins can be achieved with Starter, Bronze, Silver and Gold. One point is awarded for each completed stage.
The following points are required for the hiking pins:
- Starter: 2 points (stages)
- Bronze: 5 points (stages)
- Silver: 10 points (stages)
- Gold: 17 points (stages)
The achieved hiking pin can be redeemed for a pin at the tourist offices along the Hohe Tauern Panorama Trail stages and at the cash desk of the Hohe Tauern National Park Worlds in Mittersill.
How do I get my digital hiking pin?
- Install the Summitlynx "Summit Book & Hikes" app on your mobile phone.
- Click on Regions at the bottom of the app, if you are already in the Hohe Tauern National Park holiday region, you will also see the Hohe Tauern Panorama Trail hiking needles. Otherwise, search under Regions -> All for the Hohe Tauern National Park holiday region.
- Click on the hiking pin and select the stage you would like to hike. For stage 1, for example, you need 5 waypoints in your tour book for the stage to count towards the hiking pin. Simply create an entry in your tour book as soon as you reach this waypoint.
- Once you have collected enough points for your hiking pin, head to the nearest tourist office in the Hohe Tauern National Park holiday region. You should only press the button "Redeem now" when you pick up your hiking pin at the tourist office. You will be informed that only employees of the tourist office should carry out this procedure. As soon as you click on "Redeem hiking pin", you will receive an email with a certificate of achievement and, if you have a bronze hiking pin or higher, your free pin at the tourist office.
You can find the detailed instructions for our hiking needles here >>